• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ESS AMT 1B Bookshelf

LBPete

Rolling Along
Subscriber
I have a pair of these ESS AMT 1B Bookshelf speakers that have been sitting in my garage around 20 years. I'm starting to clear out the hoard and want to move them along. The dilemma is to repair or part out. The wooden cabinets are in pretty good shape. A woofer needs new foam and the grills are shot. It looks like the crossovers are glued to the inside of the cabinet, making it difficult to remove or re-cap.

Any opinions or comments?

- Pete
 
Register to hide this ad
If you're looking to maximize your return, parting them out is going to be the best bet. Complete speakers other than minis are hardly worth the hassle of shipping, so you'll be increasing your potential buyers significantly if you reduce the sale to just the drivers. I wouldn't even bother refoaming the woofers; anyone looking for these will be familiar with the work required.
 
That's the direction I was headed so I guess I'll continue down that path. It's a shame though. At one time they were great sounding speakers.

- Pete
 
I'd fix them. They are great sounding speakers. Some parts are still available for these. The grille could probably be saved if it's "there".
 
Back
Top Bottom