• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ESS AMT 4 rebuild

MBJ

New Member
Hi, I am starting to clean up and resurrect my old AMT 4’ from the 70’s. I have a couple of questions. These look like very early Heil Tweeters (Original) Would the 689-1108 be the correct replacement Ribbon if required. Any way to test to see if they are still up spec or just use my ears. (I’m old). Would I benefit much by upgrading to New Heil Tweeters? I am looking for Gaskets for 689-1010 10 inch woofers. As you can see someone used the wrong gasket on Woofer #1 and none on Woofer #2. Does it matter?Can I use any good quality Foam Speaker Gasket as long as I doesn’t interfere with the surround? Do I need the gasket? I would like to replace the Front Baffle (Where Woofer Mounts) The present ones have been butchered over the years and the particle board has crumbling edges. Are there any drawings showing how this front Baffle is mounted to the rest of cabinet? I suspect that it is nailed and glued from the front, top and bottom to the inside cabinet (seems to be a cabinet built inside the cabinet). Hoping it is not nailed in from sides. I really don’t want to remove all the veneer from the sides as it is not too bad and nice looking walnut. This is a project I have put off for years due to uncontrollable circumstances and would really appreciate and help to steer me in the right direction. Thanks, Mark

IMG_1116.JPG
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Woofer #1.jpg Gasket.jpg
    Woofer #1.jpg Gasket.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Woofer #2.jpg No Gasket.jpg
    Woofer #2.jpg No Gasket.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom