• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Estate sale -tube tester and oscilloscope

Lo-Fidelity

Super Member
https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Seabrook/77586/1564227

No affiliation.

The guy running this sale isn't getting any interest in the test equipment and asked if I knew anybody who was might have interest. If someone is interested let me know and I'll put you in touch. I may go back tomorrow for a last look. If he still has no interest, I'll try to keep it from going to the dump.

Hope this post doesn't violate any rules.

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I didn't see an oscilloscope but I like the look of the HP 334 distortion analyzer.
 
Your are probably right. I am not sure what he has.

If he still has this stuff this afternoon, I'll see what I can do.

I see a 1009 Dual in your signature line. Just picked one of those up from the same sale.
 
Its HP gear, which is pretty good quality. Worst case, you could pick it up and ebay it. Its older but not without any value at all.
 
Test bench stuff.... hmmm. I'm sure many a tech would love to have the (pictured) I don't have the room but certainly could be modified to another type of test station or just updated to digital. Meters must be worth some bucks and the probe stuff and other innards for a box conversion. hell it's all there, drilled holes and all.
 
On an unrelated question, did you get the Conrad-Johnson gear? Anything else good there? Anyone with C-J stuff I'd expect to have at least good speakers and a nice turntable.
 
The THD analyzer is certainly still desired by some. IMO, what looks like a 200CDR rack mount version of the venerable 200 series oscillator is a really nice piece. You don't see many in that good condition. What appear to be meters in the middle are probably only of interest to a collector, unless they're something special. The problem with all this stuff is few people have the space to set up a lab with the big old equipment.
 
I was about 14th in line and 2nd in line grabbed the the C-J amp and pre-amp. I picked up a broken (found out after the fact) MC2100 that I hope to repair, but it is going to be a journey as this is my first attempt. Picked up a pair of JBL L-100 with great cabinets and no foam on the covers. Also got a Dual 1009 turntable that needs some love, and some nice speaker stands.

Ther was tons of stuff and if I was more knowledgable and quicker to grab the goods I would have had more. There were a couple of guys there that do a lot of reselling and they bought a ton of JBL drivers and crossovers. I understand that the family had already pulled some of the gear.

Went back today after church, and picked up all the test equipment much to the wife's dismay. Really don't know what I have but maybe I'll find a use for it in the future. Just couldn't see it going to the street.

image.jpg

image.jpg
 
The audio oscillator and the THD analyzer pair together to make a distortion analyzer setup. The meters would do very nicely for power output level testing, probably paired with the oscillator, though if space were really a problem, that THD meter should have a nice accurate AC voltmeter built in that will get you to the same place. Scopes are all around a useful piece of gear.
 
I would have done the same as you. I have no place for such large gear but to have it end up in a landfill after being cared for that well is too much. Hopefully you'll find a use for it or find someone to pass it on to.
 
The Philips ( what appears to be a dual trace scope) is great for audio work. One doesn't really need more than a 10 -15 Mhz scope for most analog audio tests and repairs.
 
The Philips ( what appears to be a dual trace scope) is great for audio work. One doesn't really need more than a 10 -15 Mhz scope for most analog audio tests and repairs.

Unfortunately I could not find the power supply and cord. Looks like it uses a 24v power supply.
 
Try to find the service manual online.....Their power supplies from that period of models are usually straightforward.
 
Back
Top Bottom