• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EV Interface/Sentry 100 Woofer

Bstable

Super Member
I was reading the Speaker bingo thread and came upon a picture of an EV Sentry 100A. I have been looking for replacement woofers for my EV Interface 1 Series II speakers for quite some time. According to this picture (post #30) it looks like the woofer and the tweeter are exactly the same ones that were used in the Interface 1s . Can anybody verify this for me?

These woofers are 8"

Thank You.
 
Register to hide this ad
To the best of my knowledge they are the same woofers. I've got a pair of EV Interface 1 Series II speakers that I've recently rebuilt. Upon acquiring them I realised that the woofers had been replaced with non-genuine items, so I started to hunt down a replacement pair of woofers. Everything that I could find on the 'net suggested that they are the same as the 100A woofers, and the EV distributor here in Australia confirmed this too.

Luckily the seller had kept the original woofers so I was able to grab them and return the speakers back to their original form (in conjunction with a refoam of the woofers and replacing the acoustic foam lenses on the tweeters).

Happy to be corrected by someone in the know if I'm feeding false information though :)
 
Thank you Pete mac. So I guess that I can search for woofers from the 100A also. That helps because it seems that Interface woofers are hard to come by. My tweeters are fine except the foam disappeared long ago.

Why I threw the originals out I'll never know. The foam was gone, but I didn't save any space in my in my attic by getting rid of the originals. :bash:
 
Thank you Pete mac. So I guess that I can search for woofers from the 100A also. That helps because it seems that Interface woofers are hard to come by. My tweeters are fine except the foam disappeared long ago.

Why I threw the originals out I'll never know. The foam was gone, but I didn't save any space in my in my attic by getting rid of the originals. :bash:

No worries! Happy to have helped.

I was VERY surprised when the person I bought my speakers from actually HAD the old woofers in storage. I had emailed them out of sheer desperation/curiosity after seeing how difficult it was to find genuine replacement woofers here in Australia. We just don't have the sheer volume of gear available on the second-hand market. Hopefully you can find something over your way :)

Replacement with a non-genuine woofer is difficult due to the standard woofer being a nominal impedance of 6ohms, not your typical 8ohms.

There's some pics of my restoration of the Interface 1's here:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=291330
 
Wow. Great job. Those are exactly what I have. It looks like yours aged exactly how I remember mine. If I find the woofers, I will recap also. My cabs are still in great shape. :thmbsp:

Bryan
 
Back
Top Bottom