• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Exercise for the elderly

merrylander

AK Member
They say we should exercise and stay fit as long as we can !!

My sentiments exactly... unfortunately.

Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. Now she's 97 years old and we don't know where the hell she is.

The only reason I would take up exercising is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.


..............And last, but not least,

You could walk this over to your friends, but why not just

e-mail it to them !!


Rob
 
Register to hide this ad
Beauty Rob! I told my wife that all of that exercise and healthy eating weren't good for you, who wants to die perfectly healthy?
 
Young people need to excercise too. I was sort of fat when I was in gradeschool, and in 8th grade I started running 1-2 miles every day. Then I really got into sports and now Im on my highschool varsity soccer team and I feel a lot better.
 
A few of those really made me laugh Rob! Especially the one about the flabby thighs and stomach.

Thanks,
RC
 
Two old men are sitting around the nursing home about 3:00 in the afternoon, when one says to the other:

"Hey, you wanna go for a swim?"

"No, I'm kinda sore."

"How Come?"

"Oh, I pulled a muscle in the shower this morning."

"Geez, that was hours ago. It shouldn't still be bothering you now!"

"Yeah, but I had to pull it 116 times!"
 
Back
Top Bottom