• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

expectations of my new vintage receiver

luker

New Member
As soon as my new to me Yamaha CR-2020 is back from being serviced it is rotating out my Yamaha A-1020 and T-1020. I am curious what I should expect? I bought the A-1020 in '86 brand new. Both are about the same power 105 versus 125 and are both class A. Will there be a significant difference? The CR wins in coolness and looks hands down. There is little info on the A-1020 to be found. It still looks modern for a 24 year old amp.


...luker
 
Register to hide this ad
You can expect excellence!

Your children and their friends will think you are cool.

Women will swoon in your presence.

You will no longer be affected by problem perspiration.

Your line of corduroy evening ware will gain international acclaim.

Your organ donation card will include your beard.

You sir, will become the most interesting man in the world!
 
You can expect excellence!

Your children and their friends will think you are cool.

Women will swoon in your presence.

You will no longer be affected by problem perspiration.

Your line of corduroy evening ware will gain international acclaim.

Your organ donation card will include your beard.

You sir, will become the most interesting man in the world!
LMAO.

Luker, you are understandably excited, and I can empathize with you. I am awaiting the completion of a full service to a Marantz 2245 receiver with every increasing excitement.

If the service to your 2020 included replacement of all critical caps and a complete adjustment, what you get back should retain all of the sound that you liked about it before, just more of it. The sound overall should be cleaner, more powerful, and more dynamic.
 
As soon as my new to me Yamaha CR-2020 is back from being serviced it is rotating out my Yamaha A-1020 and T-1020. I am curious what I should expect? I bought the A-1020 in '86 brand new. Both are about the same power 105 versus 125 and are both class A. Will there be a significant difference? The CR wins in coolness and looks hands down. There is little info on the A-1020 to be found. It still looks modern for a 24 year old amp.


...luker

You mean both have Class...

CR-2020 doesn't have any class-a output. You might be thinking of the CA-2020. Still a great sounding receiver nonetheless. You'll find it less dry sounding than the A-1020/T-1020 combo, also great performers both.

I have an A-1000 I'm listening to tonight while I move some other gear around and it's as I remember when I first auditioned it. Typical Yamaha Natural Sound, but more clinical than the older CR gear. Different, not quite as punchy as my usual mancave combo of C-2a/dual bridged mono PC2002M's. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom