• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Experience with Micro Seiki replica arm boards from 2Juki

Mr. Yamaha

Not so much Yamaha lately...
Hello,

Does anybody here on AK has experience with the replica Micro Seiki arm boards produced and sold by 2Juki (Hong Kong)?

They are pretty pricey in my opinion for knock offs, but I can't find an original AX-3G which I need for a Micro Seiki MA-505L arm.

I doubted about posting this in Dollar & Sense, but I'm more looking comments on quality / experiences rather than comments on the price.

Example (no affiliation): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-Seik...783900?hash=item3f96504a1c:g:LZEAAOSwUUxapKe4

2Juki.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
I bought a cartridge (AT-ART9) from 2Juki because he has a stellar reputation, and I'm very happy with that purchase. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an armboard from this seller.

That eBay listing is for an OEM (Micro Seiki) armboard.
 
Last edited:
Can't speak to the specific item, but I've bought several things from 2juki, always been happy with what I've received.
 
That one in the ad appears to be authentic. :idea:

I bought a cartridge (AT-ART9) from 2Juki because he has a stellar reputation, and I'm very happy with that purchase. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an armboard from this seller.

That eBay listing is for an OEM (Micro Seiki) armboard.

Thanks for the input guys, but those are definitely not original ;) 2Juki reproduces Micro Seiki arm boards according to the original design. The original haven't been manufactured for more then 30 years.

I know about 2Juki's reputation for selling original carts :) But in this case he is reproducing a part which has been obsolete for decades. I try to figure out it's quality compared to the original.
 
Thanks for the input guys, but those are definitely not original ;) 2Juki reproduces Micro Seiki arm boards according to the original design. The original haven't been manufactured for more then 30 years.

I know about 2Juki's reputation for selling original carts :) But in this case he is reproducing a part which has been obsolete for decades. I try to figure out it's quality compared to the original.

I will always defer to the more knowledgeable members. :biggrin:
 
Thanks for the input guys, but those are definitely not original ;) 2Juki reproduces Micro Seiki arm boards according to the original design. The original haven't been manufactured for more then 30 years.

I know about 2Juki's reputation for selling original carts :) But in this case he is reproducing a part which has been obsolete for decades. I try to figure out it's quality compared to the original.

Do you know this for a fact?

The listing says it's an original piece. What makes you say otherwise?? Pretty expensive for a knock-off, don't you think so??

If it were me, I would communicate with him and tell him my concerns. He seems very accommodating and always replies in a timely manner.

I've bought a couple of things from him, very positive experiences. :thumbsup:
 
I bought a repop of a Luxman sled and armboard from Audiogears.it - they also do Seiki stuff. http://www.audiogears.it/category.php~idx~~~222~~MICRO+SEIKI+TONEARM+BASES~.html

Really high quality. The Lux one I bought is indistinguishable from the original, and a ***LOT*** cheaper.

Thanks, that's also a good option. I wonder if there will be any difference in sound between gunmetal and aluminium. I still don't know why Micro Seiki made most stuff out of gunmetal.

Do you know this for a fact?

The listing says it's an original piece. What makes you say otherwise?? Pretty expensive for a knock-off, don't you think so??

If it were me, I would communicate with him and tell him my concerns. He seems very accommodating and always replies in a timely manner.

I've bought a couple of things from him, very positive experiences. :thumbsup:

The originals have a more matt like finish (see pic). And he regularly has new stock (5 or 10 at a time) and that is really impossible, these items are really really scarce. Specificly the one I'm looking for (AX-3G). From time to time a used original pops up (price range 200 - 300 $) and once in the blue moon a new original pops up (price range 400 - 500 $).

I asked him to be sure.

Capture.JPG
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom