• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fair price for KLH Model 17's?

ictwoody

I like vintage gear — my preamp is from 2007.
What is a fair price for a set of KLH Model 17's that have the original grills and badges and are cosmetically in a 8.5-9/10 and have been re-capped and re-doped? This is a really nice pair.

I looked on the 'bay and they don't seem to be selling well and there are a lot that didn't sell.

Thanks,
Woody
 
Register to hide this ad
i got mine for $10.00. maybe a 7/10 in terms of condition.plays well and no problems with them. these are very popular here on the east coast.i would'nt spend more than $50.00 on a decent pair.you would have to factor in the shipping cost for the ones on e-bay,that might put the price beyond reason.
 
I would'nt spend more than $50.00 on a decent pair

+1

I sold a pair for $60 a while back but it took some patience. Granted KLH speakers are probably alot more common in New England than they are in Kansas so prices may be a bit higher in your area.
 
Granted KLH speakers are probably alot more common in New England than they are in Kansas so prices may be a bit higher in your area.

This does come into play... when I purchased them I had to have them shipped in. Also just the cost of the caps adds a little to the price... never mind the work (simple for a diy'er) to put them in.

Thanks for the input guys.

- Woody
 
Recap them and they may surprise you. Bested my Polk 7s in some ways. Sweet sound, Kloss quality, heavy. Had two sets, traded to another AK'er whose dad had KLH way back when.
 

Bwahahahaha... Nice!

Yeah... did that before I even gave them a listen. Dayton 1%'ers.... they sound good... but I like my recapped Dynaco A-25 much more for a nice vintage speaker in this category. I also have Boston A70's and Polk Monitor 5's and 7's. The KLH's look nice, but they just don't do it for me.

- Woody
 
Back
Top Bottom