• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Farah6520, aqua_bleu_one, Henry John Louis Is BACK

Hmmm....I would think the stuff would be worth more in Japan, where they get wacky prices for just about anything.

But I've been wrong before.
 
Hmmm....I would think the stuff would be worth more in Japan, where they get wacky prices for just about anything.

The units I am referring to are usually Japan ONLY market models and high-end stuff that was not available in the USA market. That's what makes them more valuable here. They are much more plentiful over there.
 
The units I am referring to are usually Japan ONLY market models and high-end stuff that was not available in the USA market. That's what makes them more valuable here. They are much more plentiful over there.

Ahh, I see.
 
I have seen a few of the Papi Chulo threads, and I am always amazed at how much expensive gear this guy has had his hands on. Even if he doesn't currently own all of the things he posts, the fact that he had to have it in his possession to take the pics amazes me. Maybe he's really good at making super detailed cardboard models of popular audio gear. Like model building, but model scamming
 
Not half as amazing as the number of people who assume that because you have the picture,that you have the item.
 
He was reported (friend of mine sent a mail) and Agon took immediate action...

John

Thank your friend. :thmbsp:

It looks like life is a wee bit more difficult for this low-life since the bloodhounds have decided to track his sorry arse. :D
 
Has all the earmarks. Looks like him to me. Same M.O. shows a couple of sold cables in his feedback but no big items.
 
I informed Axel over at thevintageknob of this guy's resurfacing.

Axel had a look at the link to Audiogon and the 'vintage_sansui' listing. He replied to my post, that most of the pictures are lifted from recently completed auctions on the Yahoo Japan site. The rest were lifted from a Japanese seller who has a reputation for selling broken items.

Makes a lot of sense doesn't it.
 
Back
Top Bottom