• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Favorite bands that are overplayed

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
What bands do you love, or really enjoy, that you can't listen to certain albums or songs from anymore?

I find many of the Pink Floyd singles to be painfully overplayed. Over and over nd over and over again.

Same for Led Zeppelin. Cripes- such good music, that at times, when it comes on the radio, I cringe.

The Doors. The Beatles. The Who. Should I bother to continue?

Runners up? AC/DC. Aerosmith. David Bowie. The Stones. And plenty more.

Theres others that aren't favorites, but liked. But songs by them get played to death. I'll say the names- you can figure out the songs...

The Eagles. Bruce Springsteen. Elton John. Neil Young.

Cripes. These artists made so many albums, so many good songs.

But when's the last time you heard one of the lesser-played songs from them? Say, the Who's "Odorono", or Springsteen's "Nebraska", or Neil Young's "Tonight's the Night"?

Oh, bother...
 
Register to hide this ad
In Orlando it is Fleetwood Mac. Every time my wife or I turn on the radio in the car, it seems like Fleetwood is always playing. It's become a running gag between us.
 
rickr15 said:
Most of the local stations here have played Nickelback into the ground.

Hell, anything contemporary, or semi-so, is dragged out, beaten, whipped, milked, whored, and then the carcass is sold, melted down and used as glue to stick the re-mix version sqaut flat betwixt your eyes.

Ugh!!! :twak:
 
Lynyrd Skynyrd. AC/DC. Zeppelin-every night one of the Knoxville stations has a "Get the Led out" hour...Allman Bros. Oh, yeah- Nickelback gets played to death, along w/Collective Soul, Coldplay, etc. And since they NEVER say the names of the bands or songs, there's a bunch that are burned into yr head, but you don't know what the names are...
 
Around here it is the same with the addition of Foghat, Boston and Kansas.

Who makes up the playlist, haven't they ever heard anything but thier favorite songs? :thumbsdn:

With the last 50 years to choose from there is a lot of good music being missed.


Jim
 
Yep, too many potholes 'n' chugholes for the TT, & the Coaster Spinner, both of 'em.... The Mighty Valdez is, after all, a ton truck, & rides accordingly. And me, being a German & over-engineering everything like I do, got the heaviest-duty suspension package I could...I wonder why they even bothered to put "springs" on my truck...One time, I crammed 20 people in it, the darn thing rode like a Cadillac then...
 
tentoze said:
I don't understand this at all- play what you want and never turn on a radio. Problem solved.

Well, you have a point about the radio. I was thinking more about some of my friends who are stuck in some sort of musical time warp and play the same stuff over and over.
 
tentoze said:
I don't understand this at all- play what you want and never turn on a radio. Problem solved.

For what it's worth,radio is usually how I find out about new bands and songs. We have the radio playing all day at work. Although with the demise of 93.3 KUPD last week after 35 years, the pickings are getting slim around here for any radio I still want to hear.
 
Sandy G said:
Yep, too many potholes 'n' chugholes for the TT, & the Coaster Spinner, both of 'em.... The Mighty Valdez is, after all, a ton truck, & rides accordingly. And me, being a German & over-engineering everything like I do, got the heaviest-duty suspension package I could...I wonder why they even bothered to put "springs" on my truck...One time, I crammed 20 people in it, the darn thing rode like a Cadillac then...

My coaster player will work but even that gets old, kick on the radio for a change and you just get a different repetition.

Maybe we have found a use for all of those Susan B Anthony dollars :D tonearm wieghts. :D


Jim
 
Strangeband said:
Well, you have a point about the radio. I was thinking more about some of my friends who are stuck in some sort of musical time warp and play the same stuff over and over.

Ahh so....Classic Rock Syndrome- I'd rather take poison.
 
I don't listen to commercial radio any longer but I understand your point. Commercial radio tends to have very short playlists generated by consulting agencies based on demographic surveys. Basically, commercial radio sucks and has sucked for years. When I'm in my company vehical the local NPR station is usually tuned in or just turned off.

Me? When I'm at home (and at work) I create my own playlist based on mood and current interests. In fact, I have enough music at home that I could listen, around the clock and uninterrupted, for 47 straight days and never hear the same song twice. Of course, that would be impossible for anyone to do, at least anyone from this planet, but you get my drift I hope.

Cheers
 
I hate repetition!!

Around here it is Def Leppard, Guns and Roses, Aerosmith mainly. I don't even like Aerosmith. The other 2 I own CDs of but never listen to them anymore. The stations here really play Def Leppard alot!! They suck at playlists. I only listen to the radio in the car. I do play my mp3 playlists that I made from my collection in the car too, but I need to make some new ones, I am starting to get tired of the ones I have made so far.
 
In keeping with the thread title of Favorites, I hate to say it because they are one of my favorites but, Steely dan.

Most of the others mentioned so far don't come close to being a favorite of mine, and to that list I'll add: CCR.
 
Most of my musical tastes are so wierd that I almost never hear the bands I like on the radio. :thmbsp:
 
Pink Floyd -- I actually went through two rebirths with Dark Side of the Moon. The first time, I overplayed it myself, then I started listening to classic rock radio. Both times I rediscovered it. I have the thing pretty much memorized at this point. But I still enjoy it enough when I hear something like this.
 
tentoze said:
I don't understand this at all- play what you want and never turn on a radio. Problem solved.

Ahh, but when you're a captive audience, like at a store, or at work, or at someone's picnic, that's the problem for me.

at home, the dial never sees anything besides the Jazz, Classical and college stations.

Or, I play my own.
 
Back
Top Bottom