• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fedex can or should I refuse delivery

bzb882

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So I ordered a nonworking receiver off epay primarily because I need the glass faceplate. Returns are allowed. Should I be home when its delivered and the package sound like broken glass inside should I refuse delivery? Just want to be prepared ahead of time. Hopefully all will be fine,
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm assuming if I take delivery and then have to retrun it it'll be on my dime (as per the item listing). Whereas if I refuse delivery I'd assume that would be on Fedex. Am I wrong?
 
If something arrives damaged then the seller has to pay return shipping. Used this once already this year when a pizza pan I ordered from Ebay showed up bent like crazy. It went back with a prepaid shipping label and I got a full refund...
 
if something is broken that wasn't broken when you paid for it, open a case with ebay.

If the seller has any sense, he'll just refund your money. If he is a jerk, he'll make you ship it back but ebay will send you a prepaid shipping label

done this many times because most ebay sellers couldn't even pack a sandwich properly
 
I'm assuming if I take delivery and then have to retrun it it'll be on my dime (as per the item listing). Whereas if I refuse delivery I'd assume that would be on Fedex. Am I wrong?
Maybe could cause more problems/longer delay to resolution refusing delivery, presuming there is a problem at all.

All the wiggle wording presumes everything goes as expected and is as described.
 
Do not refuse delivery, that can open a whole can of worms with eBay. As others have said, if it's not as described, it's on the seller's dime to ship it back. The only hassle for you will be bringing it to Fedex or whatever shipper they decide to use (won't necessarily be the same as who brought it to you).
 
I'm assuming if I take delivery and then have to retrun it it'll be on my dime (as per the item listing). Whereas if I refuse delivery I'd assume that would be on Fedex. Am I wrong?
But how are you ever going to get a "for-sure" intact replacement faceplate? Unless you go to the seller and buy it in person.

:idea:
 
If it is damaged, it does get a bit confusing, whether it is FedEx's fault or the seller's. But it certainly wouldn't be your fault, would it? If you were to refuse the package, you might end up paying for double shipping to send the unit back to you. I do think that you could accept delivery, but not open the package and email the seller and ask about any noises, before opening the package. That might be the safest alternative and it leaves you with more options, not putting you in a bind of whether or not to receive the shipment or having to make a pressured decision.
 
Good news, it arrived his morning in perfect shape. One of the main reasons I was concerned was that the shipping was pennies over $20. I'm pretty sure the seller spent close to that in packing material. Bubble wrap alone was 20" X 8'....
 
Good news, it arrived his morning in perfect shape. One of the main reasons I was concerned was that the shipping was pennies over $20. I'm pretty sure the seller spent close to that in packing material. Bubble wrap alone was 20" X 8'....
Good! Thanks for posting that!

Have a great rest of your Sunday!

:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom