• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

FedEx Shipping & Deliveries

Romeo Wolf

Super Member
Bought an F.A.O. Schwarz product off Target, shipped via FedEx on Oct. 23rd from Tucson AZ, arrived here in "Portland" FedEx Troutdale, OR on the 27th. Twas supposed to deliver on the 28th but didn't receive the package (turned out they couldn't locate the recipient).

Now I'm sitting here in directed study (kinda scrolling 'cause we have a substitute), anxious about if my package will arrive today. Currently it says "FedEx vehicle out for delivery", along with "no delivery date scheduled at this time" and "pending". I suppose deliveries may just be slow in part to the horrific staffing shortage we have here? :dunno:

I do realize my current situation is literally nothing in comparison to some of the shipping experiences I've seen here, but I do wish Target would have just chosen UPS or USPS Instead.
 
Register to hide this ad
USPS? Ha. No delivery promise at all.
Good luck collecting insurance there unless it really is lost after 30 days.

UPS? As long as it’s not fragile, OK.

FedEx does well.
The FedEx in OR seems to be special.
Though much of the PNW is “special”.
 
USPS? Ha. No delivery promise at all.
Good luck collecting insurance there unless it really is lost after 30 days.

UPS? As long as it’s not fragile, OK.

FedEx does well.
The FedEx in OR seems to be special.
Though much of the PNW is “special”.
Fedex in Troutdale is basically known as the "black hole", having been greatly understaffed which leaves most packages to be backed up for a few days at a time. Mine included (should arrive November 1st-not Oct. 28th)

Of course now that I think about the options Target chose, I think they went with FedEx for a particular reason, even though the product I bought from them (a stuffed animal) is practically indestructible.

Then again people have different experiences with different shipping companies, each and every one of them.
 
I'd expect the reason they chose FedEx is either they have a contract or it was the most economical option. Nothing more nefarious than either of those.
 
I'd expect the reason they chose FedEx is either they have a contract or it was the most economical option. Nothing more nefarious than either of those.
I'd say the economical option is probably the more viable reason since Target is a bit like Wal-Mart price-wise (buy more, pay less), and I didn't pay much for shipping at all.
 
Back
Top Bottom