• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Festival season .. time for outdoor shows!

ScramMan2

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm on the road tonight to Oshkosh WI .. Leach Amphitheater (cool venue) to see New Monsoon, Old 97's, and of all people Todd Rundgren. Not sure how much of the Runt I can take though.

Tomorrow night, day 2 at Summerfest in Milwaukee to see Think Floyd (PF tribute band), catch a little Rusted Root, Marcia Ball, and Phil Vassar too! I saw Animation (Rush tribute) last year .. had to look the other way, but the music was right on.

Should be a great couple of nights. I hope the rain holds off. The increase in the temp the last 2 days has been nice.

I'm off most of next week for more Summerfest.
 
Register to hide this ad
New Monsoon and Old 97's were awesome. Todd Rundgren was a bore, I left after 4-5songs (with 3 broken strings in the first 2 songs).

Saw Rusted Root and Terrence Simien June 27th at Summerfest. Railroad Earth and Yonder Mountain String Band on July 1st.

Tonight Lotus and Phil Lesh & Friends at 8pm (Summerfest). Get out and see some live music!
 
Yep, Summerfest really is quite a good deal. I used to go there 3 or 4 times a season back in the 70s, you know, when the Main Stage shows were free :D. All the other stages are free w/ admission to the grounds though right??

I checked out the site to see who's playing and it really is quite impressive. Even thought about dragging the family back for a visit. Mickey Hart, Jakob Dylan, Derek Trucks, Mountain, Cheap Trick, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Steel Pulse, The Zombies all in the next 3 days.

Summefest Music Schedules
 
Went to Arrowfest (the FM station sponsoring the thing calls itself "the Arrow") but only showed up for the last 2 acts ...Styx, then Boston. Some people in the concession area had to leave before Boston came out and they gave us their ticket stubs ...THIRD ROW IN THE ORCHESTRA PIT!!!!
I wasn't all that stoked about being there, but gotta tell ya that was pretty impressive. The Home Depot guy Tommy DeCarlo did a great job for only his tenth-or-so performance.
 
I've got three outdoor shows coming up on my calandar:

7/19 - The Rosewood Thieves @ Casey Anderson Benefit, Greenfield, Ohio
8/16 - My Morning Jacket @ Waterfront Park, Louisville, Kentucky (American tour kickoff)
8/29-9/1 - Gratefulfest @ Nelsons Ledges Quarry Park, Garrettsville, Ohio (Dark Star Orchestra, Keller Williams, Peter Rowan & Tony Rice Quartet, Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Donna Jean & The Tricksters, master of ceremonies Wavy Gravy and more)

Should be some good times!
 
AshFest is coming to Florida... as in Wishbone Ash... wish I could make. Whenever they come to the US they tend to stick to the east coast for some reason.
 
Back
Top Bottom