• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Field trip to Sennheiser USA!

repo_code

somewhere in the 20th c.
Tomorrow I'll visit Sennheiser USA in Old Lyme CT to pick up some replacement drivers for my HD 580s. One of the drivers gave up the ghost over the weekend.

Sherri the Sennheiser rep says they do local pickup when the office is open (830am - 5pm) and people sometimes stop in to drop off repairs or pick up parts. How awesome is that! :music:

The plan is to upgrade to HD 650 drivers ($41 each) and pick up new headband padding ($9).

The 580/600/650 series is great, what else is so easy to service (NO tools required) with ongoing parts availability and interchangeability across decades of product? You can keep them forever.
 
Register to hide this ad
I love the Sennheiser headphones ever since my first pair of HD 414 back in 1973. And I still do today. And I like Sennheiser microphones too.
 
What a sweet deal repo_code!

I'm hanging in there until the end of August to get my AKG K701's looked at by a qualified tech. I have a feeling that if the problem is the driver dealing with Harman International won't be nearly as easy (and their parts department for the US is in San Diego).

Enjoy the visit! Maybe they'll have some demos set up.... like the HD700/800 :)
 
The less impressive the U.S. HQ, the easier they usually are to deal with. All my best customer service experiences with headphones have come from companies that basically run themselves out of a warehouse with a little bit of office space attached, or at least their U.S. arms do. Sennheiser and Koss are great examples.
 
Yeah, they have helped me out, too. I got some modded HD 580s a while back for about $100. Already had HD 600 grills and HD 650 cable.

After some more years of use, the top bar broke. They sold me a whole new HD 600 yoke assembly (top bar and pad with the yokes for the driver assemblies) for $40. Back in business with essentially a pair of HD 600s! Nice to know the driver assemblies are affordable to replace.

Cheers,

Otto
 
I was told when I bought my HD280 Pros that the warrenty covers everything. Even if I drop them in the bathtub or back over them with the car, they get replaced. Pretty cool.
 
Sennheiser ROCKS !

There's just no other way to say it. From a sound quality (across a variety of acoustic profiles & "flavors") to build quality - they have always been my first "go to" for headphones.

My father got turned on to them after hearing they were used in Recording Studios, and I still have a pair of over the ears that are over 33 years old.

My 6-7 year old earbuds for my iPod and later iPhone are still going strong. Yes, they're a bit more expensive, but they don't fall apart like some of their competitors (*cough*Sony*cough*)

Of course I still love my Bang & Olufsen's too....
 
I have Sennheiser 558 HDs and I love them! Great clarity in all the frequencies. I'm curious, though, what is the difference sound wise between mine and some that cost 2x or 3x more?
 
Back
Top Bottom