• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finally a functional stereo cabinet

Cheddarbob

New Member
I needed something to house my Fisher X-100, and everything that goes with it, as well as my Vinyl collection.

Found an old TV Entertainment Center at the good will for next to nothing, put wheels on it, wired it up with a couple outlets, one switched going to a power strip to power on the fisher and components, put in a shelf where the TV was supposed to go, took all the wood doors off and went from useless relic of the 80's to Ultimate Listening center.. Couldn't be happier with it

and the Fisher is pushing a pair of Stephens Trusonic 150 FR drivers, fills this small 12X20 room with rich wonderful sound.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1145.JPG
    IMG_1145.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 305
Register to hide this ad
Nice setup.

Thank you, I get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it, most of my listening is while using my Technics SL-J33 with a Shure Pro4 cart fitted with an N92E stylus. The best part is, I have less than $150 in the entire setup less the record collection. I have had tremendous luck piecing this setup together
 
Thank you all for the Compliments.. its nice to pay $15 for a piece of furniture, that was priced in the $100's when it was built, its damn solid, really good veneer on it, and if it was purpose built for this, It would be priced well into the $100's today. The shelf the Fisher is on, is on gliders, so i can pull it out if I have to hook something up, clean it or change a tube. also one of the shelves behind the glass is on gliders, so I can pull out my Dual 1009 changer to load it, or play a single on it for a different sound.
 
That unit looks solid. Amazing how something that is no longer suitable for its primary purpose can be utilized in an even better way. Well done. Welcome to AK and love that Fisher!

Mark
 
That unit looks solid. Amazing how something that is no longer suitable for its primary purpose can be utilized in an even better way. Well done. Welcome to AK and love that Fisher!

Mark

Thank you, and yes, the Fisher is amazing, I couldn't be happier with it, daily use, and sounds absolutely amazing, regardless of the source.
once i finish fixing up my Ampex 750 RTR, it will either be placed on top near the SL-J33 or next to the records.
 
Well done. Great idea to use the TV area as LP storage. These things are so cheap these days, I might have to do the same.
 
Cheddarbob,
Would you provide some details on the cabinets you have the 150FRs mounted in? I have a pair of these drivers and cannot really find any details on how big of a box they should be in or what sort of ports should be used or ....
 
I will have to take some measurements,but i would guess about 3 cu Ft, with a 4x16 opening on the bottom, they are sitting on 5 inch legs they are currently in Acousticraft cabinets of the same vintage. I was originally planning on building new cabinets for them, but these vintage ones have grown on me.... well, they have grown on my wife, Going to be replacing the grill cloth soon, I am going to post in the speaker forum when I get to that point.
 
just checked, they are about 4.2 cubic feet each. I didn't get underneath the check the port, but that should give you a rough idea.
 
Back
Top Bottom