• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finally a NAK 3-head: Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1.5!

Rey1

Super Member
I have finally found a Nak 3-head at the local GW. The Cassette Deck 1.5 had been dropped at one point, it had a ding in the right front corner that bent the small console door so that it wouldn't close at all. But, as these things are solid metal, I was able to bend everything back in shape. This deck sounds great! I've had Nak 2 head decks before (CR1A, BX-100, CD-2), but they didn't sound this good. Must be the Crystal alloy heads. I still need to test the record function though.
 
Register to hide this ad
The 1.5 is a nice non monitoring 3 head deck, with gear drive idler. Never seen anything that nice at any thrift. The last series made in Japan. Replace all the electrolytics (6) on the playback amp located on the back of the transport. One of the few decks, even by Nak, that allows easy adjustment of the high end playback to adjust for linearity.
 
Thanks for the info, I'm not sure what you mean by "non-monitoring" it has a tape monitor, but no azmuth knob.
 
And tapes recorded on my other decks sound fantastic. I had heard this was a Nak issue, but,Wow!
 
Back
Top Bottom