Checked out and fired up my "new" amp (Kenwood KA-900) and tried out my re-foamed HPM-900 speakers tonight. Only one channel working on the amp (or the crappy wires I had attached are bad, equally likely), but man do they sound good!
Very much like the HPM 500s I've had for decades, bought them new in 1981 or 82. Love that full, rich bass and clear high end.
So nice to have good speakers again -- the foam died on my 500's some time back and I just got around to fixing them this year. And the 900s were too good to pass up for the price, as if I needed large floor speakers in a house without a large room!
Very much like the HPM 500s I've had for decades, bought them new in 1981 or 82. Love that full, rich bass and clear high end.
So nice to have good speakers again -- the foam died on my 500's some time back and I just got around to fixing them this year. And the 900s were too good to pass up for the price, as if I needed large floor speakers in a house without a large room!
