grillebilly
Empty Head
It's been almost 2 years since the 67 Nova was working like it should. It's a bracket car, for those unfamiliar with that form of drag racing, it's handicap racing. You run faster and slower cars, the tree comes down first for the slower car, first to finish wins. You can't run faster than your index, or "dial in". Index goes on your windshield to the hundredth, this example would be 5.70.
By the time I was done it had a new engine, trans, converter, rear end ratio and reworked rear suspension. The rear gear was reduced from a 4:56 to a 4:10 because it was doing gigantic long wheelies and it was too violent to drive, hoping to tame it a bit at the risk of slowing it down.
So I went to test yesterday and after a few hours of figuring out why the fuel pressure was going away and the transbreak (holds the car at the starting line) wasn't working I was rewarded with 3 back to back passes within 2 thousandths of a second and one quarter of a MPH. The 1/8 mile times 60 foot times, and MPH were all personal bests with the car as well.
Here's the proof, 3 consecutive time slips. The reaction times are throwaways as it was a pro tree test (instant on like heads up racing) and I was concentrating on the car.
It's a giant weight lifted off my back as it's been an obsession after so many problems and disappointments.

By the time I was done it had a new engine, trans, converter, rear end ratio and reworked rear suspension. The rear gear was reduced from a 4:56 to a 4:10 because it was doing gigantic long wheelies and it was too violent to drive, hoping to tame it a bit at the risk of slowing it down.
So I went to test yesterday and after a few hours of figuring out why the fuel pressure was going away and the transbreak (holds the car at the starting line) wasn't working I was rewarded with 3 back to back passes within 2 thousandths of a second and one quarter of a MPH. The 1/8 mile times 60 foot times, and MPH were all personal bests with the car as well.
Here's the proof, 3 consecutive time slips. The reaction times are throwaways as it was a pro tree test (instant on like heads up racing) and I was concentrating on the car.
It's a giant weight lifted off my back as it's been an obsession after so many problems and disappointments.




