• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finished Recapping my receiver but...

I'm going to pre-emptively replace the two FETs on the power supply board too since my friend says that if the voltage regulator transistors are bad that those FETs that also run really hot will likely be problematic if not now then for sure in the future.

I should know by the weekend what I'll need to order.

Thanks,

Your friend needs a refresher course. Until their 50v limit is exceeded and they pop, the JFETS are hooked up as a constant current source - typically 2mA - and dissipate the extra energy as heat.

thus 50v x .002 amps = 0.1 watt worst case.

If they are really hot they popped.
 
chiming in again and this is what I have found.

So I have replaced the following transistors:
Q209
Q210
Q201
Q211

Voltages are pretty similar to those originally posted which are too high.

Zener diodes I was told were good on the board and tuner display continues to show continuously no matter what mode I am in.

So I'm back to square 1 with this power supply problem... :(
 
would it be helpful at all if I posted a top view photography of the power supply board and point out each cap and transistor that I've replaced to make sure I didn't screw things up?

After staring at circuit diagrams for so many weeks I think I have a better sense of where things go BUT to ensure I don't slip up on troubleshooting I was thinking maybe I post a picture and list all my cap/transistor values beside each part in the picture. This ways anyone that's done a re-cap on this amplifier could perhaps catch and point out where I messed up on?

Thanks,
 
Back
Top Bottom