• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Finished up my Yamaha CR-2040

llope039

New Member
Hi all!
New member here, I recently picked up a CR-2040 for about $30. Most of the knobs where either scratchy or not working. All the lights were dead. I replaced all the lights cleaned and lubed all the pots and I’m happy to say that I have a fully functioning receiver. Would a Cap restoration still be necessary if the audio still sounds good?
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK!. Such a nice receiver you got!. I would say yes, you should re-cap. You want this beauty to stay in good shape, for a long time!.
 
Amazing find.
Mine had areas that got too hot that I had to deal with. A restore is worth it on that beast.
 
Back
Top Bottom