• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fired up my $7.00 system

electronjohn

Plug it in & see!!
Subscriber
Pulled out the SX-424 my buddy found for me ($2), hooked up a pair of Pioneer 4" rear surround speakers ($1.00 each) and plugged in the Magnavox 5-disc CD I found yesterday ($3.00). It plays!!! The Maggie works just fine, The SX-424 needs DeOxit, a couple bulbs, treble knob and one of the small black pushbuttons, and the little Pioneer speakers sound like, well, little Pioneer speakers. Broke it in with "Kamakiriad".
 
Register to hide this ad
I've already got "upgradeitis". Unhooked the little Pioneers and hooked up my $10 pair of AR-4x. Up to $15 now...I'd better be careful!
 
I think you got ripped off...:D Have you got the SX deox'd yet?
 
Wow, I feel taken at $90, but thats in Canadian so not as bad I guess. But I have a TT in there and a few vinyls.
 
I know I'm treading on thin ice here...don't want to get too extravagant, ya know. It sounded mighty nice driving the ARs, and I might hook up my Ampex 1115s for fun. I think I have about $15 tied up in them...so I'm headed for the audio stratosphere!!
 
Back
Top Bottom