lattiboy
Well-Known Member
Hi all,
I am going to have a lot of free time over the next few weeks as the Mrs is starting a new job and I have some vacation to burn. In preparing for this, I decided I wanted to check out an old tube amp to possibly rebuild or just toy around with.
Rather than researching and educating myself in these matters, I made an impulse buy and picked up this guy today. I kind of figured for under $70 with shipping I could live with the mistake.
It appears to be a late-50s pull from (I'm guessing) a portable record player or console radio system.
I have access to a variac and have read this super helpful post by Thatch_Ear, so I don't think I will blow off my fingers or burn down my house.
Was this a poor first purchase for somebody with an interest in tubes and literally no skill?
Thanks!
I am going to have a lot of free time over the next few weeks as the Mrs is starting a new job and I have some vacation to burn. In preparing for this, I decided I wanted to check out an old tube amp to possibly rebuild or just toy around with.
Rather than researching and educating myself in these matters, I made an impulse buy and picked up this guy today. I kind of figured for under $70 with shipping I could live with the mistake.
It appears to be a late-50s pull from (I'm guessing) a portable record player or console radio system.
I have access to a variac and have read this super helpful post by Thatch_Ear, so I don't think I will blow off my fingers or burn down my house.
Was this a poor first purchase for somebody with an interest in tubes and literally no skill?
Thanks!