• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fischer from USA 143 925 12 700

Dan Cornwall

New Member
Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help, I bought a record player with a Fisher receiver when I was living in the USA and brought it back with me as my wife and I love the look of it. Now we're back in the UK I'm not sure if it will work with UK electricity.... also - I opened the back to take a look and a lot of the wiring looks a little sketchy to me. It would be great if anyone might have some thoughts about if we could use it here or what I might need to do to get it safely working?

Thanks so much - I really appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or help. Pictures attached.

Dan
IMG_5815.JPG IMG_5822.JPG IMG_5820.JPG IMG_5819.JPG IMG_5817.JPG IMG_5816.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
You need to get a step-down transformer to convert UK mains voltage to US voltage (220 to 110v). I would recommend one that is at least 500 watts. They sell them on UK ebay and probably amazon UK. Do not use the Fisher console until you have a step-down transformer.
 
Another thing, the record player may need adjusting to accommodate UK 50hz mains. Some turntables have a pully that can be inverted to do this. Not sure if that's the case with yours. Might want to take it to a tech.
 
Hi Bruce, thanks so much for your response - I'm going to see if there is anyone local to me that I can take it to, much appreciated. Dan
 
Not even one responder has caught the obvious fact that this cabinet is stuffed with a hodge-podge of after-market things.
The speaker grills clearly show that the original speakers were not the car speakers shown.
The Japanese-made receiver appears newer than the unit. I cannot tell the origin of the turntable. And there are things that look like they are old but not original but now lay there in the enclosure not hooked up. And look at some of the holes drilled in a sloppy manner, near that unknown black component with the extension cord.
And the cabinet was altered to accomodate the Fisher receiver.
But the OP is right about this being a nice cabinet.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom