• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher 500b eye tube question

gadget73

junk junkie
Subscriber
OK, not quite precisely for a 500B, but thats what the parts are from. I'm using the multiplex adapter from a 500B stand-alone, and I have it fed into an EM84 eye tube from the appropriate connection spot on the unit. What should the eye tube be doing exactly? Looks like its acting like a sound level meter. I'd expect it to work more like a signal meter and be steady rather than fluttering around like it does. Is this likely a bad diode in the detector circuit, or wonky caps in that area?

http://oldtech.net/Fisher/500B/schemmpx.gif

is the schematic I'm using for mine.
 
Register to hide this ad
Nevermind, I did actually have it hooked up to the wrong spot. Got my labels mixed up. For some reason this one has an extra output from the left channel just upstream of R224, and thats what I had the eye running from. The proper wire had gotten tucked away and I didn't even notice it was there.

Anyway, works nicely now. This is what I'd expect it to do.
 
Back
Top Bottom