MadcapLaughs
Active Member
Hi all,
just wanted to see if anyone had some ideas on why my fisher 500c still has a stronger right channel when using the phono stage? It almost seems to be a phase issue possibly, mono lps sound balanced, but stereo records present a much stronger and clearer right channel, I need to turn balance knob to 9 o’clock before both channels are even. I will list the options I have ruled out at this point:
Swapped and replaced all phono and driver tubes with no effect
Replaced phono stage capacitors
Swapped turntables and speaker sources
The issue is completely absecent when using line stage and tuner sources on the receiver
Unit has strong and balanced 7591 Westinghouse tubes
Cleaned rca input jacks for the phono inputs
When playing mono records on the mono phono stage input, there is no stronger channel noticeable
just wanted to see if anyone had some ideas on why my fisher 500c still has a stronger right channel when using the phono stage? It almost seems to be a phase issue possibly, mono lps sound balanced, but stereo records present a much stronger and clearer right channel, I need to turn balance knob to 9 o’clock before both channels are even. I will list the options I have ruled out at this point:
Swapped and replaced all phono and driver tubes with no effect
Replaced phono stage capacitors
Swapped turntables and speaker sources
The issue is completely absecent when using line stage and tuner sources on the receiver
Unit has strong and balanced 7591 Westinghouse tubes
Cleaned rca input jacks for the phono inputs
When playing mono records on the mono phono stage input, there is no stronger channel noticeable