• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher Console in Pasadena, MD

Register to hide this ad
Yep.
Too far for me, but I figured our east coast guys could take a crack at it.
 
Speakers appear to be Stromberg-Carlson drivers.

Nice looking system, wish it were local to me.

Gary
 
WOW! I have a 1963 Fisher "Ambassador" console, but this one looks to be quite a few notches above mine. I'm particularly envious of the Viking deck - I had a similar Viking as my main reel-to-reel in my youth (okay, I was about 15 at the time), and it was a damn fine machine. Makes me almost wish I lived on the East coast.... almost.
 
It is an interesting home brew (or custom made) console...but the receiver based Fisher console was called the Executive and featured either an 800-B or an 800-C in the 1962-1964 era.

Fisher consoles are interesting, and the catalogs make fine reading. The higher priced models (the Coronet and the President) are quite rare...the fully optioned out President in the late tube era cost over $4000.00 (In an era when brand new Cadillacs were $5000-$6000)...and featured a 400-CX-2 preamp, MF-300 motorized tuner complete with the rare as hell RK-20 wireless remote control, and apparently a SA-1000 power amp...along with a turntable and a reel to reel deck.

Fisher kept recycling the names of the consoles...but denoted the "changes" with numbers (ie- Ambassador II, Ambassador IV, etc.). They had a fully functioning in house wood shop, and the cabinetry craftsmanship is stunning.

Sadly, many consoles are gutted for their componets(I have been guilty of this myself) because nobody has and/or wants to dedicate the the space needed to use one. Due to WAF...the only console I would be allowed to keep fully intact...is a 1963 Fisher President in a Danish Modern Cabinet. Since these are so rare...I will probably never see one let alone have one.
 
skibjr said:
WOW! I have a 1963 Fisher "Ambassador" console, but this one looks to be quite a few notches above mine. I'm particularly envious of the Viking deck - I had a similar Viking as my main reel-to-reel in my youth (okay, I was about 15 at the time), and it was a damn fine machine. Makes me almost wish I lived on the East coast.... almost.


I have a 61 Ambassador. Man I love it. It's what got me back into real Hi-Fi. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom