• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher Futura II F-210 - 1959

Hi Carol,

Just my opinion but I would say the console is worth what the amp is worth. The tuner and record player are of lesser consequence. It looks to be in excellent condition (sans the grill cloth which could be replaced) so I would say $500-700. Consoles are gaining in popularity in certain areas so it could fetch more. You might just list it on craigslist for a $1000 or whatever and see if you get any interest. You can always go down.

If you're in central Texas I would be interested.
 
yeah, primary value is in the electronics. The cabinet and record player sort of come along for the ride in most cases. Also consider local sale prices are going to be lower than what you might find on ebay, and may be slightly lower than just the electronics since whoever buys it will have to come and fetch the big box it sits in.

personally speaking I happen to like a good looking console, and this is a nice one. Its not enormous, its not an ugly style, and its not in bad shape. Grille cloth can be replaced or possibly cleaned, not the end of the world. Thats a lot less of a project than dealing with a trashed cabinet.
 
reviving this old post...i've just found out these f-210 modern consoles were made by widdicomb and mueller, just like my statesman 1010 console from 1960.

and, like my statesman console, it very well may have been designed by, and was certainly influenced, by g. nakashima's association from 1958-1960 with w&m.

no wonder they look so good.
 
^ Cool!!!!! I know that Columbia Masterwork and Bell & Howell consoles were designed by Paul McCobb, who actually built them I do not know.

As you might be aware some of the Motorola consoles were manufactured by Drexel furniture
 
D, I won’t swear by it as a fact, but the way the fisher consoles were “modern” were different than other “modern” consoles. and the timing just fits, and the quality.
 
Back
Top Bottom