• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher KX-200 vs. X-202B?

Geeky1

New Member
Hi all,

New here, and to vintage audio in general. Just a quick question; am I correct in assuming that the Fisher KX-200 is a kit version of the X-202B, which is the same amp as the one used in the 500/800 recievers?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks :)

What are the differences between the two? I just picked up a KX-200; I've never heard a tube amp and I'm curious to find out what they sound like.
 
Thanks :)

What are the differences between the two? I just picked up a KX-200; I've never heard a tube amp and I'm curious to find out what they sound like.


The KX-200 is a very nice integrated amp with decent output iron. It uses 7591 output tubes which are being made by some companies, or you can use expensive (but betterIMO) NOS tubes. It uses all 12AX7s up front which can also get pricey if you want to use something like Telefunken or Mullard (I think there are 7). It has a nifty bias/balance meter built onto the chassis which seems to work pretty well. The 7591 is listed in some old tube data as a "premium" audio tube, and has a following among tubeophiles. I have two of these amps, one is restored and running RCA outputs and Telefunken up front. The other is a basket case but has good iron. I have a tube book that details some pretty in depth mods for this amp including the removal of the tone circuit and center channel stuff. I will probably try these mods on the basket case. All in all, I would rate the amp right under say a HH Scott 299, but above several integrateds which shall remain nameless.:smoke:
 
Back
Top Bottom