• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher MT 6225

70shovelhead

New Member
First post here so go easy on me. I have been enjoying my Technics D2 and D20 TTs for years. But recently I found a super nice Fisher MT 6225 for very cheap. This table is spotless and was too nice to turn down. Problem is PO dropped the platter and broke the magnet ring. This unit uses a linear drive motor and the plate is part of the motor. Didn't hurt the platter but crumbled the magnet. So I'm looking for a platter for this beauty or a source for a replacement magnet band. I am really looking forward spinning some viny. Thanks for this great site and for any help.

70shovelhead
 
Register to hide this ad
Ok I've been looking at the Sanyo table lineup but can't determine which models used a linear drive system. Any help here is appreciated. Is it at all possible or has anyone replaced the original magnetic band with a modern magnetic strip and was successful. If this is possible what grade of magnet needs to be used.
 
Back
Top Bottom