• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher MX-65 Multiplexer Diode Module vs Discrete

sony6060

Super Member
Banned
I seen a Fisher 400 30000 series and the MX-65 has four diodes in a module vs separate diodes. The module has a Fisher part number V50260-130 & on back side number B8750E.

My later model Fisher 400 with the MX-65 multiplexer has the discrete diodes.

Anyone know the history?
 
Register to hide this ad
Sony -- On all the Fishers I've worked on, the discrete diodes were typically in the earlier tuner/receivers, while the modules were typically in the later units. However, since the MPX units were built separate from the tuner/receivers, the production of a given tuner/receiver versus production of a given MPX unit may not have always resulted in the latest MPX chassis in the latest tuner/receiver. Just my two cents....

Dave
 
Up to the 48001 manual the CR102-CR103 diodes are shown on the scat as 4 diodes "WITHOUT" a dotted box surrounding them (indicating separate diodes). The 48001 manual shows them as a unit (dotted box....ie: a PEC.) but with the same part #.

So what dave said is possible, but it's also possible the original got replace with a newer version during a shop visit too.

Larry
 
Thanks Larry. You have a tremendous amount of knowledge on these Fishers. Perhaps write a book? I would buy it.
 
I spend more time editing what I write here to make it comprehensible, than I do writing the original post.

Everything I learned about FiSHER's, about 90% of it was gotten from here, the rest reading the Service/Owners manuals for them.
 
I spend more time editing what I write here to make it comprehensible, than I do writing the original post.

Everything I learned about FiSHER's, about 90% of it was gotten from here, the rest reading the Service/Owners manuals for them.

You have all the data in your head. That is a lot of time and a load of details.
 
Back
Top Bottom