• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher Solid State Receiver

grochon

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a Fisher 400 receiver which I love! I also have a Marantz 2230 receiver which, to my ears, sounds almost as good as the Fisher. My question is this: Is there a Fisher solid state receiver which sounds as good or better than the 2230, keeping the same sonic presentation as the 400 and 2230, that is, warm and pleasent?

I welcome all opinions from those who have had experiences with both models. Good health to all!

Gary
 
Register to hide this ad
I don’t know about the 2230, but my Fisher 700T is smooth with good detail—very pleasant to listen to through my KLH model 5’s. Compares well to my Gillespie-modified 400. Had to re-cap the 700T completely, but worth it for sure. The 700T is all silicon transistors; no germanium.
Dave
 
Thank you Dave for your response/assessment. My Fisher 400 was also restored by Dave Gillespie and is currently driving my KLH 5's! Great combo for listening to Ben Webster, Chet Baker, etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom