• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fisher tube receivers on eBay

Register to hide this ad
I have been looking at the 500-S... It has the crazy seperate AM/FM dial indicators like my 4000-R
 
Last edited:
For AM-FM simulcast stereo (one channel on AM, the other on FM); the predecessor to FTC-approved multiplex FM stereo.
 
I was looking for one thing on the 500-S, but couldn't come to a conclusion - does it have an MPX output jack?
 
I had a Fisher piece that looked very much like this 30+ years ago, but it didn't have an amplifier section and was mono FM -- more like a pre-amp/tuner combo -- and I used it with an ST70 powering Leak Sandwich speakers. I thought it all sounded great until the tubes started to go and it went to the curb. Any idea what model the Fisher was? I think it was a 2 or 200 something.

Thanks,
eurasian
 
I had a Fisher piece that looked very much like this 30+ years ago, but it didn't have an amplifier section and was mono FM -- more like a pre-amp/tuner combo -- and I used it with an ST70 powering Leak Sandwich speakers. I thought it all sounded great until the tubes started to go and it went to the curb. Any idea what model the Fisher was? I think it was a 2 or 200 something.

Thanks,
eurasian

That would probably be either the 202-T or 100-T; both are Tuner/Preamps.
 
Thanks, Tinkerbelle

I think mine was the 202-T and it had space for a multiplex unit inside. In my ignorance I called Fisher to order one, but by then Fisher had been bought by the Japanese and made only transistorized gear, only to be told that my unit was not supported by the manufacturer. As an owner of various Renaults and Alfa orphans, I was not too surprised. The rectifier and power tubes were starting to go in the ST-70 and, after trying 4 or 5 drugstores only to find that nobody knew what a tube testing station was, I put the Fisher and Dyna on the curb. Fortunately, within 15 minutes an older gentleman (a tube savvy enthusiast no doubt) nabbed them both -- so they may still be making beautiful music together. I hope so.
 
Back
Top Bottom