• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Five Years on AudioKarma: A Brief Reflection

Really a fantastic post - this is why I keep coming back to AK above all others...it's the great people on this forum.
 
Joined about three or four years ago, and this is my number one "internet family." Tons of great comments, miles of excellent advice, and years of loving sarcasm. Best thing is befriending many of the AK crowd at our wonderful AK Meets here in Massachusetts.
 
Glad you have enjoyed and grown on your time here.So have I on my favorite internet site.What I have learned over time that everyone has their own agenda dictated my either money,time and desire so I respect that in each.
 
For all the yak about old this/new that (fill in the blanks accordingly, gear, or alternately, farts/punks), you seem to have gotten the drift without having gotten too jaded in the process. Fine example.
 
Even though my posts may not reflect it, it has been many years that I have been a member. :)

There was this grumpy guy who did nothing but live and talk audio 24/7. He had me scoping out resale shops, garage sales and stopping to check out that pair of speakers set out at the street for the trash man. Over the years, I too have meet some amazing people. Many of which will be life long friends. I have had many cross over onto my "baby" site Chevelleforums.org, and come to see me at car shows.

With that said, it is still very nice to see all the great posts in this thread. AK would not be the site that it is without the great members and all the hard work put in by all the MOD's.
 
And I should praise the immense knowledge-base of experts here - real experts, for sure - and their willingness to share their expertise simply for the sake of helping others gain a more pleasurable hi-fi experience. I think that is a generosity that is easy to overlook.

Too true, there's some great people who both know and don't mind taking the time to explain things. Without them I think there would be a lot less great gear about and some fuller landfills and less happy people.
 
Yeah, but y'all STILL hafta contend w/Bstrds like me..I know EVERYTHING, but share NOTHING...Plus, I have LOW Personal Hygene Standards, & DON'T particularly like ANYONE, & am not afraid to say so...So THERE.
 
I have chatted with Don a few times in the chat room.

I have enjoyed finding out what life is like in the Detroit area from Don compared to my area of the country.

Don I would not be hesitant to make a post on any of the discussion forums.
Your opinion might help someone else achieve a better listening experience. :)

I wish more forum members had Don's outlook of this hobby of having an open mind.
 
Refreshing to find someone who has outlived self righteous orthodoxy. We all can learn from the old masters and the new technology.
 
Even though my posts may not reflect it, it has been many years that I have been a member. :)

There was this grumpy guy who did nothing but live and talk audio 24/7. He had me scoping out resale shops, garage sales and stopping to check out that pair of speakers set out at the street for the trash man. Over the years, I too have meet some amazing people. Many of which will be life long friends. I have had many cross over onto my "baby" site Chevelleforums.org, and come to see me at car shows.

With that said, it is still very nice to see all the great posts in this thread. AK would not be the site that it is without the great members and all the hard work put in by all the MOD's.

You and Dave are awesome....now, if you guys could do something about Dnewman....:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom