Me and a friend of mine was hanging out at the flea market today in the morning to buy records and meeting our friends who run some vintage audio store in the flea market (just sold one 70s Kenwood receiver for $40 and still got one more left at the store). My friend and I was walking around and in one of the flea market booths there was this Yahama CR-420 and its matching speakers for $25 together. I didn't care for the speakers, I just wanted the receiver.
We tested it and of course it needs deoxit. The guys didn't know better and offer us $20 for everything. I said ok so we got the receiver and speakers for $20. I didn't want the speakers because they weren't in great condition so I went to the record store in the flea market and traded the speakers for a mint Steely Dan Royal Scam LP. I didn't care for the speakers but I like Royal Scam so I got rid the speakers.
After that we had lunch and went to my friend's house for deoxit treatment and cleaning. After that was done we use orange oil for the wood finish and it was looking great. Very few signs of marks on it but it was looking great.
After that I went home and tested the phono and headphone amp with the Fisher RS-1035 and I think the Yamaha is better at everything!
Still need more testing of course, but for $20 I think I had gotten a steal.
Sorry for the bad picture, but it did came with the yamaha headphone sign in the two headphone jacks. Two headphone jacks are going to be very useful in the future.
http://img213.imageshack.us/i/picturebt.jpg/
We tested it and of course it needs deoxit. The guys didn't know better and offer us $20 for everything. I said ok so we got the receiver and speakers for $20. I didn't want the speakers because they weren't in great condition so I went to the record store in the flea market and traded the speakers for a mint Steely Dan Royal Scam LP. I didn't care for the speakers but I like Royal Scam so I got rid the speakers.
After that we had lunch and went to my friend's house for deoxit treatment and cleaning. After that was done we use orange oil for the wood finish and it was looking great. Very few signs of marks on it but it was looking great.
After that I went home and tested the phono and headphone amp with the Fisher RS-1035 and I think the Yamaha is better at everything!
Still need more testing of course, but for $20 I think I had gotten a steal.
Sorry for the bad picture, but it did came with the yamaha headphone sign in the two headphone jacks. Two headphone jacks are going to be very useful in the future.
http://img213.imageshack.us/i/picturebt.jpg/