• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fleetwood Mac ~ Blues Jam In Chicago Vols. 1 & 2 ...

aabottom

Swing
... on Spotify [1] . Been listening to this on Spotify.

Early Fleetwood Mac [2] play with their some of their Chicago blues mentors [3] [4]. It's mostly very good blues with some of the classic blues performers. Some of the tracks are poor quality, but are still historically interesting.

Anybody else have this on LP (vinyl), CD, or cassette?
Comment?

I may have to get me a copy on real media. But that's the beauty of Spotify, finding and auditioning all this great music, before you buy it.

Ref **************************************
[1] On Spotify, see Blues Jam In Chicago Vol. 1, Blues Jam In Chicago Vol. 2

[2] Fleetwood Mac: Jeremy Spencer (vocals, guitar, slide guitar); Danny Kirwan (vocals, guitar); Peter Green (vocals, guitar); John McVie (bass guitar); Mick Fleetwood (drums).

[3] Mentors: Otis Spann (vocals, piano); David Honeyboy Edwards (guitar); Buddy Guy (guitar); Walter "Shakey" Horton (harmonica); J. T. Brown (tenor saxophone); Willie Dixon (acoustic bass); S.P. Leary (drums).

[4] see Wiki Fleetwood Mac in Chicago
 
Register to hide this ad
popcorn.gif



LOVE early Peter Green Fleetwood Mac....
 
I have the box set, The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions: 1967-1969.
Both of those cds are part of the set. Real good stuff. :thmbsp:
 
Yep - I'll second this - the Blue Horizon box set is the way to go for the classic
Fleetwood Mac Blues Live tracks! Find it used on CD for under $50 (no affiliation)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Blue-Horizon-Sessions/dp/B000021XPU/
Thanks all, for the replies.

I have three [1] of the 6 CDs in the box set. I can't see spending $50 to $100 for dups. Yet for $50, that maybe the cheapest way to get the other 3.

[1] CD 1 - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, CD 2 - Mr. Wonderful, CD 6 - The Original Fleetwood Mac
 
I have the original LPs. Good stuff. You can usually find them on eBay for a good price.

The CDs have extra takes and studio chatter.
 
Thanks all, for the replies.

I have three [1] of the 6 CDs in the box set. I can't see spending $50 to $100 for dups. Yet for $50, that maybe the cheapest way to get the other 3.

[1] CD 1 - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, CD 2 - Mr. Wonderful, CD 6 - The Original Fleetwood Mac

Or - just buy the box set and sell your other 3 CDs!
 
Back
Top Bottom