• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Florian Schneider's Micro Seiki DDX-1000

Register to hide this ad
Sold Price
$7,680

Surely for the EMT, not the Micro?

I often see DDX-1000s from a dealer for less than ¥180,000 (= approx $1,150), and even so, from what I've read, there are better choices for the money.

Edit: Oh, first glance I thought it was just the same as a model that he used, not his actual turntable. Still not sure what value his ownership adds other than to the truly obsessed. A $5000 premium just because someone fairly famous owned it (that they may not even have used extensively or given a damn about - always possible when a person has made a fortune or bought multiples) seems a bit extreme.
 
Last edited:
Surely for the EMT, not the Micro?

I often see DDX-1000s from a dealer for less than ¥180,000 (= approx $1,150), and even so, from what I've read, there are better choices for the money.

Edit: Oh, first glance I thought it was just the same as a model that he used, not his actual turntable. Still not sure what value his ownership adds other than to the truly obsessed. A $5000 premium just because someone fairly famous owned it (that they may not even have used extensively or given a damn about - always possible when a person has made a fortune or bought multiples) seems a bit extreme.
Hi,

Yes, this was an auction of Florian Schneider's personal equipment and belongings. If you're interested, you can view from the Julien's Auction website all the items that were sold and the prices. The EMT sold for $10,240.
 
Everything in that auction went for crazy prices because it was the property of Schneider.
Personally I don't care for that kind of sentiment, especially when it's just 'stuff' (I mean if it's a famous instrument, clothing etc he used on a tour or in pictures I can relate, but not just 'stuff').
Like I saw a centronics switchbox, that went for $576:

That's literally something you can buy new for $16, and used probably a lot cheaper:
 
Yeah, you gotta be a true fan, collector, or have a museum to pay some of those prices. I recently threw away a similar data transfer switch. To be honest, it did cross mind to possibly bid on one of the lower priced items just so that I can display it somewhere and say, "this was owned by Florian Schneider".
 
The arm on the DDX1000 looked suprisingly grimy for a turntable owned by a German, especially a clean-cut looking chap like Schneider. Perhaps the collector will have to decide whether that's original Kraftwerk grime, and part of its value, or a result of storage, at least some of it posthumous, in non-optimal conditions. What to do? Clean up or leave alone? A nail-biting dilemma. What would Florian have wanted?
 
Back
Top Bottom