• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fm Antenna For Mr 85

When I bought my MR77, I decided to buy the APS-9B from http://www.antennaperformance.com/ and it works very well on the locals and I get a meter reading of 6-8 on a station 60 miles away! I also got a rotar. I agree with everyone here on this issue in a Good antenna and a poor reciever is better that a great reciever with a poor antenna.
-Gary
 
Nope, no remote for the MR67. Most of the time I use the tuning lights or fringe stuff it is nice to use my MI3 to center then tweak the antenna from the sweet spot. I have the super heavy duty tripod base that is lag bolted to the 2x12's supporting the roof.

Carl

How did you get the mast to bend at the desired angle? Couldn't the tripod straddle the roof peak? It has hinged feet, yes? I simply tightened a 5' mast into the tripod, set it across the roof peak, plumbed it, then lagged it into place. Oh yes, then some roof tar on the bolts.

How did your elements get bent up? birds? :yikes:

-Gregory
 
I let the electrician put it up. I wanted to put it as high up and away from everything else as humanly possible. Power lines aren't that far away from the other side.


Carl
 
I've been extremely pleased with the Attic InTenna from Antenna Performance with my MR85. I have it in the space over my garage (about a 30' run) and know some have had good luck simply placing it the listening room. My house is in a deep valley, and I still peg 9 from the college station 40 miles away.
 
I've been extremely pleased with the Attic InTenna from Antenna Performance with my MR85. I have it in the space over my garage (about a 30' run) and know some have had good luck simply placing it the listening room. My house is in a deep valley, and I still peg 9 from the college station 40 miles away.

I'd say that's a fundamentally correct design although kinda' pricey. Looks like it has a coaxial cable feed so there may be a balun inside?

http://www.antennaperformance.com/products2.asp?ProductID=46&CategoryID=1

It's either a fat dipole, a dipole with end loading plates, or a T2FD.

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/wire/t2fd.html

You might be able to make one if you have access to RF gear that has a reflection test set. Consider using a PVC pipe or cardboard tube. The dipole will give you an omni pattern with gain of 2.15 dBi broadside and nulls axially at top and bottom. Here's a description of the Fat dipole:

http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/D.Jefferies/antennexarticles/bbd.htm

Note the NEC wireline geometry for computer input code in Fig.1, VSWR under 2:1 in Fig.2, and the Impedance inside a 2:1 VSWR circle on the Smith chart (impedance plane) in Fig.5.

As usual get it up as high as possible since coaxial cable loss (foam core) isn't so bad at 100 MHz. You could use 300 ohm flat line that has even lower loss. Just twist it on the way down like a propeller rubber band on a toy airplane. Check if the antenna is 50 ohm or 300 ohm first.

Note: 0 dBd is 0 dB WRT a dipole, which is 2.15 dBi or 2.15 dB WRT a point source.

-Gregory
 
Thank You !!!

Again, thank you so much for all your posts : I learned a lot !
I'm very happy I found this forum.

Best regards to all

Jérôme WANONO, Montmorency, FRANCE
 
Back
Top Bottom