• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

For the Raspberry Pi Audio Geeks - News!

Wigwam Jones

Caesar non supra grammati
Thought some of you might enjoy reading this exciting news:

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/ga...udiophile-sound-quality-raspberry-pi-2014-03/

Wolfson adds audiophile sound quality to Raspberry Pi
no comment Alun Williams 11th March 2014

The Pi add-on, aimed at audiophiles who want an increase in sound quality over Raspberry Pi’s existing education-grade audio interfaces - is capable of 24bit 96kHz audio playback.
It will cost £24.01 and be available from two Farnell-owned distributors: Element14 in Europe, and CPC in the UK and Ireland.
Playback is not the only thing the Wolfson Audio Card brings to the Raspberry Pi educational computer. It has both line-in, line-out/headphone and headset support, on-board stereo microphones, and digital audio S/PDIF in and out.

- See more at: http://www.electronicsweekly.com/ga...ty-raspberry-pi-2014-03/#sthash.PlxYAAdn.dpuf
 
Register to hide this ad
You can plug a USB DAC into a Pi and get great quality audio playback. I know this device offers other features but a USB DAC works well if driving an amp and speakers. I have a Pi driving a Lepai amp and a set of Pioneer BR-22 speakers. A total expense of about $175 for all new equipment. I use it in my workshop, something I stop and just listen, it sounds way better then it should.

Graham
 
Oh.... cool. I just rec'd my Raspberry Pi in the mail yesterday, and mine has the P5 header. I'll have to keep an eye on the development of the Wolfson Audio Card.

Thanks for the heads up...

Just a week ago a friend sent me one of those Cheap Behringer DACs. I tried it with the Pi and the sound is pretty good !!
 
Oh.... cool. I just rec'd my Raspberry Pi in the mail yesterday, and mine has the P5 header. I'll have to keep an eye on the development of the Wolfson Audio Card.

Thanks for the heads up...

Just a week ago a friend sent me one of those Cheap Behringer DACs. I tried it with the Pi and the sound is pretty good !!

I use the same setup. But it is good to have additional options.
 
I just won one of these Wolfson cards from MCM! I'm going to use it for a music transport.
 
Back
Top Bottom