• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Found an old box of tubes how do I clean the rat funk?

gorfulator

New Member
Lots of them NIB. but some of the boxes were chewed. Not a big deal, there were tons of tubes. What a good way to clean these tubes just to make sure they don't stink. Lots of tubes.

Thanks

G
 
Register to hide this ad
I clean em with windex, don't loose numbers and handle carefully as to not loosen the glass to base glue.
 
Gentle rubdown with a soft cloth is all. As mentioned, careful with the painted lettering if you wish to preserve that. The etched tube numbers are safe. Maybe dip the pins in TarnX with a quick water rinse (just the pins) if they're badly oxidized ...

I expect most of the funk is from the boxes. Toss those and replace them with generic white labeled accordingly.
 
Back
Top Bottom