• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Frankie Beverly of Maze, the silky smooth soul singer has passed.

petes'picks

Super Member
We lost an amazing singer yesterday. I remember about a dozen of the girls in my 5th grade class wearing Maze T-shirts with their names on the back and thinking to myself, Who is Maze? Well, here I am 50 years later still spinning their music. His voice always reminded me of a alto sax playing beautiful melodies while floating above the extremely tight pocket grooves the band was playing. He was an extremely under rated singer that should have received more high profile exposure.

 
Register to hide this ad
We lost a great singer/artist. I saw them in concert at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles back in the early 80's. It was a great performance by Frankie and Maze. May he R.I.P. :angel:
 
Back
Top Bottom