• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fraziers in Dallas

Beatnik

What's this ?
Walked by a nice looking little set of 2 way Fraziers at the Value World thrift on Buckner and Bruton in Dallas for the second time in a week. I don't need these :nono:, but hope someone might grab em for 18 bucks. One of the grills has come up missing, might be laying around there somewhere.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey B!
I live about 10 mins from that place, so I will try to stop by there today to see if they are still there. I don't need them either, but would like to check them out.

About a month ago they had one Advent Prodigy II speak without the grill & a Magnavox receiver. I passed on both.

Rome
 
Last edited:
Hope you get them, hard for me to pass, but no more room. Hope someone picks them up that will truely appreciate them and the local connection. I've been in that place so many times, I can't drive by without stopping. Believe me, I try.
 
Did not get to stop on yesterday, but may stop by this weekend to see if they are still there. I don't need them either as my Man Cave is just about full. All I need is a cassette deck & EQ.

Rome
 
Last edited:
I know what you mean. I just unloaded a truck full to clear out the house and just now walked in with another reciever on my way home ! I did leave a nice Sony reel behind though, thought about that damn thing all the way home. :sigh:
 
Breatnik & Rome,

Have walked away from things that at one time would have been impossible to do. But will add that the Frazier MK IV speakers that did come home with me (a month back or so) do sound 100% wonderful. Should those be the same speakers in question here then you might want to make some room for them.
 
Richard ?????

Well, they now sit under my desk at work. Model is Monte Carlo D, the cabinet build is excellent, much like the last ones I had except these have the removeable grills. I'll either use em or they'll end up on craigs eventually. Should have nabbed them when both grills were there, they ain't ugly naked though.

fraziermonte.jpg
 
Last edited:
Excellent! I picked up some monte-carlos and they were not that nice, they have a similar layout but a piezo tweeter.
 
Breatnik & Rome,

Have walked away from things that at one time would have been impossible to do. But will add that the Frazier MK IV speakers that did come home with me (a month back or so) do sound 100% wonderful. Should those be the same speakers in question here then you might want to make some room for them.

Hi IX!
Yea, I just don't have the room. I guess I could start another project, but I will have to pass on these.

Very nice Monte Carlo's, B!

Rome
 
Richard ?????

Well, they now sit under my desk at work. Model is Monte Carlo D, the cabinet build is excellent, much like the last ones I had except these have the removeable grills. I'll either use em or they'll end up on craigs eventually. Should have nabbed them when both grills were there, they ain't ugly naked though.

fraziermonte.jpg

Dang I think you did good! Have you hooked them up and played them yet? Give them a listen on one of your Pioneer receivers. They may become your new shop speakers. Have the Frazier Monte Carlo D flyer and will scan and make into a PDF and email next week. With your talent perhaps you can fashion a matching grill should you find them to be keepers.
 
Those are some good looking Fraziers! My cousin has a pair of Frazier set up with a pair of Frazier subwoofers:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2845664#post2845664

My family and I are relocating from Alabama to Texas and I came ahead for work. I have been staying with my cousin since last September. During that time, I have often listened to his speakers. I am very impressed with the build quality and the way they sound.

Congratulations on those small Fraziers - it's a good thing I didn't see this thread yesterday or you definitely would have had competition for them!:yes::D
 
I've got a pair of Monte Carlo Ds just like those. Fanatstic speakers (glad I missed seeing this sooner)!
 
Richard ?????

Well, they now sit under my desk at work. Model is Monte Carlo D, the cabinet build is excellent, much like the last ones I had except these have the removeable grills. I'll either use em or they'll end up on craigs eventually. Should have nabbed them when both grills were there, they ain't ugly naked though.

fraziermonte.jpg

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: AWESOME SCORE !!!!!!
 
Well, I guess i can put them in line behind the HPM-100's I just picked up. It may be a few days until I get them to the house, I wonder how they'd sound in my home theater system ?

Yeah, making a grill should be easy since I have one for a pattern. Bearing guided router bit should make quick work of that.
 
Well, I guess i can put them in line behind the HPM-100's I just picked up. It may be a few days until I get them to the house, I wonder how they'd sound in my home theater system ?

Yeah, making a grill should be easy since I have one for a pattern. Bearing guided router bit should make quick work of that.

You are lucky!
 
I know what you mean. I just unloaded a truck full to clear out the house and just now walked in with another reciever on my way home ! I did leave a nice Sony reel behind though, thought about that damn thing all the way home. :sigh:

If the Sony rtr was at casa thrift, I snagged it. Went there on a tip about a possible 4 channel amp that was already gone. That wouldn't have been what you took home, was it. If so, tell me what I missed. The Sony was a TC-558 for 19.50. Missing the power cord.
 
Yep, It was just a little Kenwood Model Eleven for 15 bucks. I'm thinking it might work for my garage/gameroon conversion I plan to start after the heat passes (pool table waiting to be setup). I was on the hunt for a pool table light, found one too !

If that reel would've been a Pioneer, it would have been mine too. I have absolutely zero need for an rtr, except maybe just a matching unit for my system. I'm trying hard not to nab stuff just because it's there.
 
Last edited:
Yea guys, Casa View Thrift is a nice place. Across the street is a pawn shop, don't recall the name right now, but they have some nice stuff at times.

Don't forget Traders Village in Grand Prairie.

Rome
 
Yeah, that pawn shop across the street has some deals occasionally. I haven't been to Traders in years, hit alot of the flea markets out in the sticks though. I must have 10 thrifts within a lunch hours drive here at work too.

I don't mainly look for stereo equipment, mostly collect drums and 60's/70's toys as my main hobbies. Then when I stumble across a deal on electronics that I don't need, well, that needs to stop soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom