• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Free Marantz 2230 and mystery speakers solved

cubdog

banging through drywall
My previous post on this subject was apparently lost in the transition. To summarize a co worker gave me a 2230 and 4 EPI MT2 microtower speakers. I didn't know what the speakers were until I saw them today. The receiver aside from some dust and a little grime is in perfect condition at least cosmetically. I do know it works as they had been using it. The speakers are intact except from a couple missing grill covers. Condition ok. Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? I've never heard any EPI before. I will hook them up tonight and give a review this weekend. I think this qualifies as a score/Bolly. :yes:

cubdog
 
Register to hide this ad
I'd say that is a score! I don't know anything about the speakers, but I do know that the receiver is a keeper! I use mine as a pre-amp/tuner for my Nikko. I love it. Looks neat and sounds great.

Take care,

Ed
 
The 2230 is a very underated unit. It will do a lot more than many think. Has a good FM tuner too. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom