• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Free Stuff Found on Agon for Princeton, NJ Akers!

Register to hide this ad
It was posted on AK last night as well and I quickly sent him a PM. Then the thread disappeared and I haven't gotten a response yet...

:scratch2:
 
It was posted on AK last night as well and I quickly sent him a PM. Then the thread disappeared and I haven't gotten a response yet...

:scratch2:

None of us have. I also sent a message as soon as it posted on Audiogon, but obviously someone was willing to offer far more than the asking price.

Bozaks and such turn up regularly. Just keep your eyes out for the locally-offered Mapleknoll turntable, or someone asking how to get it functional, and you will know who was the winner.
 
:scratch2: Confusing as it is listed as an auction but says free to good home in the actual ad.

I would drag my little red wagon down there for a free Nak PA7!

I am 45 minutes away from this guy.
 
I am 5 minutes from him. I sent him a message before this was even posted on AK. He emailed me back last night and I saw it this morning. He said another guy had sent him a message and the first person to his house could have it BUT had to take all of it.
I asked him where he was and I would be there in 10 minutes and he hasn't got back to me..
 
I thought I was imagining things, like some sort of sweet free gear oasis! Nice to know I'm not crazy. i suppose the phrase "to good to be true" applies here.

:thumbsdn:
 
Free stuff in Princeton

Got them yesterday!! While on the way the owner texted me to tell me he had to go out for the day and he had left everything by the garage. Got the Bozaks, Nakamichi PA-7 amp and CA-5 preamp, plus the Maplenoll Athena air-bearing table with a Grado XTZ (which appears almost new under magnification). I already pulled the cartridge for my own use. He even threw in an NAD 4225 tuner and a pair of JM Labs Daline 3 mini towers!! Pics of the electronics and the Dalines are attached here- everything has a good layer of dust. The Bozaks are still in my truck so no pics of those yet.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 81
Got them yesterday!! While on the way the owner texted me to tell me he had to go out for the day and he had left everything by the garage. Got the Bozaks, Nakamichi PA-7 amp and CA-5 preamp, plus the Maplenoll Athena air-bearing table with a Grado XTZ (which appears almost new under magnification). I already pulled the cartridge for my own use. He even threw in an NAD 4225 tuner and a pair of JM Labs Daline 3 mini towers!! Pics of the electronics and the Dalines are attached here- everything has a good layer of dust. The Bozaks are still in my truck so no pics of those yet.

For your own use?

I thought he was giving this away to a person who would appreciate it themself.

Just saying

Eric
 
great pickup! I was convinced it wouldn't go to an AKer, given the Audiogon posting.

Have fun finding an air pump for the turntable. Reviews have been all over the place, but the technology seems very interesting.
 
Wow, I guess I rubbed him the wrong way or something.. He never got back to me after saying "the first person that gets to my house gets them".

What was the deal with him? Weird, I told him I was 5 minutes from him and I could pick them up at a moments notice and he never replied to me.

Did you offer him some $$?

This makes no sense..
 
He did seem a bit "flaky" at first-but he did mention that he had suffered a stroke and is recovering. I did offer money as I really didn't expect all this at no cost, but he didn't seem to want it. Given that his house is in a neighborhood of $1.5 Mil homes I suppose a small amount of cash would mean nothing to him.
 
He did seem a bit "flaky" at first-but he did mention that he had suffered a stroke and is recovering. I did offer money as I really didn't expect all this at no cost, but he didn't seem to want it. Given that his house is in a neighborhood of $1.5 Mil homes I suppose a small amount of cash would mean nothing to him.

Yeah, I figured he didn't much care about the money knowing where he lived.

The emails I got from him were kind of odd. I think I blew it when I told him that I was interested in a couple of the pieces. I think he must have taken that as I would not take all of it because he said "you must take all of it" I guess I wasn't clear that I would have..

Anyway, the pump for that table does come up from time to time. One sold on eBay not too long ago. I was planning on trying to make one. It can't be that hard once you know what pressure it needs to run at.
Good luck with it.
 
I too, was primarily interested in the turntable, which given his condition might have been a turn-off. You win some, you lose some.

But I can't really complain. After a long audio dry spell (I've been refurbing two houses instead of monitoring the Internet), this past weekend I scored a pair of Allen 75 tube amps. The crazy thing is, after at least five years of searching without success for even one Allen 75, I found a pair of them in two separate transactions 200 miles apart.

Not quite as good a price as Princeton, and a lot more travel. But a score nonetheless.
 
The air bearing tangent tonearm/turntable looks like a great project, and is a major score in my book. I'm in the process of gathering the materials for a winter build a DIY Ladegaard/Terminator. A suitable air pump should not be hard to fine, but will cost a few bucks. How about some more detailed photos of the turntable and tonearm.
 
I think I blew it when I told him that I was interested in a couple of the pieces. I think he must have taken that as I would not take all of it because he said "you must take all of it" I guess I wasn't clear that I would have..

First rule of thumb when it's offered free, you take it all without conditions.

When I run a free posting on CL and you have to take it all, there is nothing that pisses me off more than some who wants to cherry pick the pile. It possibly hit him the same way. Just the way it goes.
 
Back
Top Bottom