• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fried Model M "Signature Series" Loudspeakers

cjmustang69

Well-Known Member
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the Fried Model M Signature Series speakers from the the 1970s? I've done some searching of internet, but am finding limited information. I purchased a pair today, as I remember the Fried brand from my college days in late 70s and would like to hear how they perform. Any information would be appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
if i recall correctly they were made after Fried left IMF, definitly worth having but their value is not reflected well in the buyers market.

god knows but some people would prefer a pair of budget B&W speakers to them. i am going to guess they are bookshelf with a transmission line and Seas drive units. i think NAD bought some and rebadged them as signature series.
 
Thanks for response SGD. Actually, the Model M Signature speaker is a floorstanding speaker weighing 95 lbs and standing just over 43 inches tall. From what I have found - it is a 3 way speaker with 8" woofer. This is about all I've been able to find on internet about this model.
 
I know photos would help - but I don't have the speakers to take photos of. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge of this model. I'll post photos when I pick them up.
 
Doooode, they had fried speakers in the 70's? That would have been uber cool, 'cause I was fried in the 70's all the time too.
 
Back
Top Bottom