• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Full Ampex Suitcase RTR and amps/speakers?

seanrr

Well-Known Member
I know that the Ampex suitcase amps regularly pull in about $200 each on ebay. There are numerous numbers for the different versions, etc. They are very cool, and I use two mismatched ones to play music outside when I want to do so. The speakers are either JBL made or similar models made by Ampex, and are 8" full rangers.

Anyways, I have a full set (RTR, and two suitcase amps/speakers) of the Ampex 692A, which I think was an early version. If it is all in working condition, what do you think the value of the set would be? More or less than the sum of its parts?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom