butcherblock
New Member
like the title says... Full range driver vs woofer. So this discussion is for only a single driver that has full range capabilities (such as a Fostex), not a coaxial vs a woofer that usually rolls off about 1500. What in the construction, special traits our design create the full spectrum? Is there really actually a full range driver? Something that achieves 20hz-20khz? I believe a Walsh does.
Let me know what you know. It's it worth it sonically? What's your opinion and mechanics of it all. I am just beginning to embark on engineering a driver from scratch... If this is a repeat discussion i apologize, it's just that i cannot find anywhere explaining how a driver is designed to be full range.
Thanx
Let me know what you know. It's it worth it sonically? What's your opinion and mechanics of it all. I am just beginning to embark on engineering a driver from scratch... If this is a repeat discussion i apologize, it's just that i cannot find anywhere explaining how a driver is designed to be full range.
Thanx




