• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fun Songs

"Witch Doctor", Alvin and the Chipmunks
"Bang on the Drum" (???), Todd Rundgren
 
abpeep said:
And for some reason David Allan Coe comes to mind.......... :beerchug:

Alan

Would that be for the mainstream tunes like Long Haired Redneck and Take this Job and Shove It, or the raunchy stuff from Nothing Sacred and Underground? :naughty:
 
Call me crazy, but I still enjoy the Chipmunk albums on Liberty Records. The Chipmunks were the brainchild of Ross Bagdasarian, a.k.a. David Seville. He sped up his own singing voice on three separate tracks, creating the harmonies for his alter egos, Alvin, Simon and Theodore. Bagdasarian got the idea for the Chipmunks after producing singles for Patience and Prudence, the juvenile singing stars at Liberty Records. Prudence had a Bozo the Clown record that routinely utilized sped up voices. Bagdasarian also produced the Rosemary Clooney hit, "Come On-A My House," which he co-wrote with his cousin, William Saroyan. I believe it was the explosive David Seville tantrums that drove most parents nuts, rather than the voices of the Chipmunks.
 
WhiskeyRebel said:
Would that be for the mainstream tunes like Long Haired Redneck and Take this Job and Shove It,

Yes, lots of people can get wound up when Take This Job and Shove It or You Never Even Call Me By My Name are played. I'm not that familiar with a lot of his stuff but I did see him once many years ago and he can certainly get pretty raunchy.

Alan
 
Remember THIS one-"Beneath the trees where nobody sees, they'll Hide & seek as long as they please,'cause that's the way the Teddy Bears have their Picnic..."-Sandy G.
 
russkish said:
Call me crazy, but I still enjoy the Chipmunk albums on Liberty Records. The Chipmunks were the brainchild of Ross Bagdasarian, a.k.a. David Seville. He sped up his own singing voice on three separate tracks, creating the harmonies for his alter egos, Alvin, Simon and Theodore. Bagdasarian got the idea for the Chipmunks after producing singles for Patience and Prudence, the juvenile singing stars at Liberty Records. Prudence had a Bozo the Clown record that routinely utilized sped up voices. Bagdasarian also produced the Rosemary Clooney hit, "Come On-A My House," which he co-wrote with his cousin, William Saroyan. I believe it was the explosive David Seville tantrums that drove most parents nuts, rather than the voices of the Chipmunks.

More Trivia here:

David Seville also was in the classic Hitchcock movie "Rear Window" with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly. He was the piano playing neighbor.
 
Everything by Ray Stevens.

...and for the halloween season let's not forget Screamin' Jay Hawkins', "I'm gonna' put a spell on you"
Ron.
 
Last edited:
I remember when they changed the words of the "Boomerang" song to become one of the very first "politcally correct" victums :D
 
Mike Gibson said:
I remember when they changed the words of the "Boomerang" song to become one of the very first "politcally correct" victums :D

What did they change ? I only have heard one version.
 
short list as I"m late for work...
I Got Stones & I Missed it-Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show
The Diet Song- Shel Silverstein
The Smoke-Off- Shel Silverstein
Coo Coo Coo Blues-The Good Rats
Yellow Flower-The Good Rats
Plexiglass Toilet-Styx
Uncle Remus-Frank Zappa
My Bologna-Weird Al Yankovic
Amish Paradise-Weird Al Yankovic
 
"Poisoning Pigeons in the Park"- Professor Tom Lehrer, "Battle of Kookamonga"- Homer & Jethro, "Fish Heads"-Barnes & Barnes, "I'm Looking Over (My Dead Dog Rover)"-Stu & Hank,"Beans in my Ears", -Serendipity Singers. "She Had Freckles On Her (But she was Nice)".-Again, there are SO many-Sandy G
 
Back
Top Bottom