• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

FUSED SPEAKER PROTECTION CIRCUITS VS RELAY

HankM

New Member
I just finished a full recap on a Karmon Kardon 930. It uses a fused speaker protection. I've rebuilt dozens of receivers and amps. I do one board at a time, and test unit after each. Did the PA board last, and all was fine using DBT and Variac receiver powered up fine, and was excellent, and played long enough for me to test Phono, etc. Suddenly DBT bulb flared and I lost sound. No fuses blew. Now I can only get sound from headphones, running speaker load is like a dead short. I have worked on Sansui 5000 and 1000x with fused speaker protection, the 5000 was many years ago and already had one fried F-1040 PA board. I eventually fried the other PA board too, and scrapped it. I usually am working on units with speaker Relays, amd I missing something on this HK?
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom