• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Fuses for Technics SU-8077

Kontalonis

New Member
Hey all,

So I'm trying to reup a Technics SU-8077. Any familiar with this model know that the speakers are fused. Anyway, when i got it it had two different fuses in it. I was also having trouble with one channel not working but after fiddling with the volume knob a bit the channel came on. Also, I have a fresh pair of 3A but the amp is labeled for 5A. Would it be hazardous to put in the 3A fuses? Also i am running Kenwood LSK-504 130W speakers if it matters any. Any information is greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Using a fuse that's too low a rating will lead to popping fuses. Too high a rating, you defeat the fuse's purpose. Get the proper fuse, generally you can find them at an auto parts store.
The volume knob sounds like it needs cleaning. You should probably clean all the controls, and enjoy trouble free operation from then on.
 
Thanks for the quick reply! I've always been a by the book guy so i was leaning towards this notion anyway. Thanks again and 5As here i come!
 
Back
Top Bottom