• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

I still have a version of this T-amp preamp. It never sounded great with it's wall wart but when I strapped it to the Pyramid it was jaw dropping good.

tc754_front.jpg
 
My FX tube01j should arrive today. I'm excited to hear it. So how do I run the 2 different volumes? Amp all the way up and only use volume on preamp, or is it the other way around?
 
Is there any appreciable gain, or is this strictly a buffer/attenuator?

It says there is 1.5-2.0x voltage amplification. I'm not sure exactly what that means :dunno:. If it is a buffer would it be a good pair for a power amp? Sorry if it's a silly question, I don't have much experience with separates.
 
That looks promising. Do you have any experience with this preamp?
https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-NS-...und+preamp&dpPl=1&dpID=51hVD6f6pxL&ref=plSrch

I like to have tone controls and am curious if this preamp is similar. I have a NAD power amp that I want to hook up and have been looking for an inexpensive and good sounding pre. Any insight is appreciated.

I'd go with this one if you want tone controls. It's 12v DC ( not 6v ) and it would be easier to add a better power supply. These preamps have gain so they're more than a buffer.

https://www.amazon.com/FX-Audio-TUBE-03-Treble-Buffer-Preamplifier/dp/B07D9G153F
 
Back
Top Bottom